Friday, January 7, 2011

Greetings

Hello!  Welcome to my home for random thoughts on food, life, and living with a 'lap band'.

A few housekeeping items:
  • I do not actually have a 'Lap Band'. I have a 'Realize Band'. 'Lap Band' and 'Realize Band' are brand names, like 'Kleenex' and 'Puffs'. I will often use the term 'lap band' since it is much more recognized by the general public, and it is much easier to type.
  • This blog is NOT about how the cheat or work around the band. It is meant to be a chronicle of my efforts to indulge my 'foodie' lifestyle while working within the restrictions of my band (and therefore losing weight). I also hope to provide a guide for how you can do this, too. Because everyone wants to be a foodie, right?
Now that I have that out of the way, let me introduce myself. I am a 36 year old trapped in what feels like an 80 year old's body. Plus, I'm fat. But I'm working on that.  I am also an unabashed foodie. I love to eat. I love to eat good food. I love to share good food with my friends. This has worked very well for me, in the sense that I have many good friends and have had many amazing meals, not so much in that my current profile more closely resembles that of Alfred Hitchcock than Bettie Page. But as I mentioned before, I'm working on that. It is that desire to look more like a Ziegfeld Girl and less like a Zeppelin that brings me to this moment in time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment